Cinnabon – a household name for cinnamon rolls, comfort food for the sad, a rewarding treat for tireless hours spent at the gym, and a sinful indulgence responsible for many unplanned “cheat days”. And now: it’s available on FavePay!
On its own, Cinnabon is already a godsend, but here at Fave, we like to be extra, so here are 5 EXTRA ways to enjoy the beloved Cinnabons on a whole other level.
1. Ice Cream
First up, ice cream – another indulgence we all would love to hate and hate to love. But hey, since we’re already being naughty, let’s go all out!
With ice cream, there are three ways in which you can enjoy Cinnabons:
- As a topping: chop a Cinnabon into bite-sized pieces, get a bowl of ice cream, and simply top them up with those chopped Cinnabon pieces.
- As a flavour: chop a Cinnabon into small but chunky pieces, get a tub of vanilla ice cream, let it soften a little, put in the Cinnabon chunks, add some cinnamon to taste, and mix it well. Then, freeze it again till frozen. Scoop them out and enjoy!
- Cinnabon à la Mode: get yourself a regular-sized Cinnabon, heat it in a microwave, then place one scoop of ice cream on top of it.
So, not only will your palates get to experience the delight that is Cinnabon with an extra twist, you can also temper the sweltering heat of our tropical weathered country with a delectable treat!
2. French Toast
Next up, we have french toast. Sometimes, despite our intention to gorge ourselves on all four pieces of Cinnabons, there would still be one or two that we couldn’t finish. So we keep them in the fridge thinking we’d enjoy them at a later date. Unfortunately, once we do get back to then, they’re not the same anymore. They’re colder, dryer, harder, and well—basically not the treat we used to know anymore. So what can we do? Make french toast out of them!
Ingredients: Eggs, salt, sugar, and Cinnabon (Optional: whipped cream or syrup)
- First, you beat a couple of eggs.
- Add a pinch of salt and sugar into the eggs to taste.
- Then, lay your Cinnabon on the side and slice them into halves or thirds horizontally. Heat up a pan, and slather it with butter.
- Soak the sliced pieces of Cinnabons in the eggs, and fry them in the pan.
- Once they are done, put them on a plate, drizzle some whipped cream or syrup, and enjoy!
With this method, not only will you be restoring the moisture into the rolls and enjoy piping hot Cinnabons, you’ll also get to up your breakfast game and indulge in your inner extra-ness.
Speaking of extra, for this recipe, you’re going to need a waffle press to enjoy this delight. Unlike the previously mentioned ways to enjoy Cinnabons, this one does not require any extra ingredients.
Ingredients: Cinnabon, (optional: whipped cream or syrup)
- Simply get yourself a box of Cinnabon, be it regular or mini (up to your preference and waffle press size).
- Place them in the waffle press, and well—for lack of better words—press.
- Once your Cinnabon waffle is done, like the french toast, serve them on a plate.
- Finally, drizzle some whipped cream or syrup for some extra sweetness and stuff your face to your heart’s desire!
You can have this for breakfast or be the rebel you are and have it for dinner while binge-watching all your favourite shows in one go!
Next on the list is trifles. This one may require you to acquire a few more extra ingredients, but trust me, it is going to be worth it. For a full-blown extra-effect, feel free to do it the Cinnabon’s way with this recipe.
However, if you’re one of those lazy people but still wish to experience Cinnabon the “extra” way, here are the instructions:
Ingredients: Cinnabon, a fruit or two of your choosing (strawberry, banana, kiwi, mango, etc), and vanilla pudding (Optional: whipped cream and/or syrup, cinnamon powder)
- Cut your Cinnabon and fruits into bite-sized pieces.
- Get tall clear glasses (for individual servings) or a glass trifle bowl (for a group serving).
- In the glass or trifle bowl, layer pudding, Cinnabons, and fruits.
- Repeat with another layer of each till the glass or bowl is almost full, leaving about one inch of space till the brim.
- This step is optional, but being the extra individuals that we are, top the trifle with whipped cream and drizzle it with a syrup of your choosing. Then, on top of that, you can even sprinkle some cinnamon powder for a little more finesse.
Enjoy this treat with a couple of friends or your family, for any delightfully wondrous treat is best enjoyed with your loved ones.
5. Bread Pudding
Last but not least, for those extra people who want to show off their baking skills but ain’t got no baking skills to save a life, here is a little cheat sheet of a recipe for a Cinnabon bread pudding!
Ingredients: 3 regular Cinnabons or 8 mini Cinnabons, 2 cups of whole milk, 4 eggs, 1.5 tablespoons of vanilla extract, and caramel sauce.
- Mix the milk, eggs, and vanilla extract in a bowl.
- Put cut up Cinnabon rolls into a large bowl and pour the egg mixture over the rolls.
- Cover and refrigerate for a minimum of 8 hours.
- Preheat oven to 160°C.
- Grease an 8×8″ baking pan.
- Pour mixture into the pan and bake for 35 to 45 minutes, or until pudding is set and internal temperature is 80°C.
- Drizzle with caramel and serve.
Impress your family with this decadent masterpiece of a delicacy and revel in the compliments they are going to shower you.
So, if any of these recipes got you salivating, save some money getting yourself Cinnabons by using FavePay to get a 5% cashback that you can use on your next purchase. For more Cinnabon recipes, feel free to browse their official website to find inspiration for your very own “extra” way to enjoy Cinnabon.
Also, let us know in the comment section below with what other ways to savour a Cinnabon that you can come up with!